To ensure the best results possible, please adhere to the following pre-care guidelines.
Before Your AppointmentOne Month Prior
- Discontinue Retin-A, Botox, fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, facials and tanning.
- Discontinue waxing, threading, plucking, or trimming your brows. Try to do this longer than a month if possible. The more hair we have, the better we can shape your brows at your appointment.
- Discontinue glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid (or any other exfoliating acids) as part of your skincare regime.
- Refrain from getting any botox until after your appointment.
- Discontinue taking vitamin E and fish oil, as these thin the blood and can affect your microblading results.
- Discontinue drinking tea, coffee, energy drinks or any other caffeinated beverages - these will thin the blood and can alter the results of your microblading.
- Discontinue drinking any alcoholic beverages - this will thin the blood and can alter the results of your microblading.
- Do not take any pain killers other than Tylenol - all others will thin the blood and can alter the results of your microblading.
- Avoid workouts and excessive sweating.
The Day Of Your Appointment
- If possible, please attend your Microblading appointment with a cleansed and moisturized face.The only makeup we want you to wear to your appointment is mascara as it looks best in photos. A workable surface is the key to a successful session.
- Please ensure you come to the appointment well hydrated and well fed. The process takes several hours and to ensure you're in a state of comfort.
- Sensitivity is heightened during menstrual cycle.
- Please do not consume any alcohol or caffeinated beverages (tea, coffee, soda, energy drinks).
Due to COVID-19 no guests are permitted in the studio, please attend your appointment alone.
If you are experiencing any blemishes, acne, cold sores, any other skin irritations, or have a mole in or around the procedure area please contact Glamify Permanent Makeup immediately via e-mail for a consultation.
Please note that it is up to our discretion to decide whether or not we have a workable surface, and what can and cannot be done. Failure to communicate any of these may result in a cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment.
If you receive Botox, please ensure you leave 2-3 weeks in between sessions to ensure it doesn't affect the overall symmetry of your new cosmetic tattoo.
We refrain from working on individuals who are currently on Accutane, or have taken Accutane within the last year. We require our clients to be off the medication for a minimum of 1 year before receiving Microblading.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer in the past, we require you to have been off of chemotherapy for a minimum of 1 year in order to receive Microblading. The safety of our clients is our first priority.
Note: Although we've seen excellent results achieved in a single session, it is best to come in with the mindset that multiple sessions are sometimes required to achieve optimal results. Touch-ups give us an opportunity to see how your skin heals, review pigment retention, and make any necessary adjustments.